When you work in an office, there's no question that English come in handy. In our modern world, international communication has become a normal part of our workday. People in many companies talk to international clients on the phone. They communicate with these clients via letters, faxes and e-mail, too. Sometimes they even need to welcome foreign visitors to their office. In international business settings like these, English is by far the most widely used language.
In these 'Office Hours' lessons, you'll meet the staff at Walker Publications. You'll see how they handle real-life office situations. Join them as they struggle to meet deadlines, adjust to changes in working conditions and find more efficient ways to conduct meeting. You'll learn concepts that you can immediately apply to your work environment: 'How can we build a strong team?' 'What's the best way to delegate job tasks?' How should we handle job stress?' Most of all; you'll gain greater confidence in discussing these practical subjects-in English!
It's time for 'Office Hours'! So let's get right down to business!
- The First Day 第一天上班(p.1)
- Plotting the Course 做好工作計劃(p.13)
- Feedback Frustration 工作回應上的挫折感(p.23)
- Teamwork Makes the Difference 團隊合作不同凡響(p.35)
- Welcome to KWIN ! 歡迎來到KWIN(p.47)
- Deadlines Deadlines ! 最後期限(p.57)
- Is This Meeting Necessary? 這個會議有必要開嗎?(p.67)
- Overworked ! 工作過度(p.77)
- The Challenge of Chang 改變的挑戰(p.87)
- Delegation Dilemma 委派任務的兩難(p.97)
- A New Attitude 嶄新的態度(p.107)